In this weekly livestream series, Ted M. Young and I build an AI-powered role-playing game using React, Spring Boot, and Nullables. And, of course, plenty of discussion about design, architecture, and effective programming practices.
In this episode...
It’s an “all rants, all the time” episode—at the least for the first hour. We start out talking about the role of engineering leadership in a company. Then it’s a discussion of evolutionary design and the costs of change. Then teaching through pairing. Finally, we buckle down to work, and make solid progress on a prototype integration test for the front-end
- Engineering Leadership (0:13)
- Where We Left Off (23:53)
- What We’re Going To Do Today (28:05)
- Evolutionary Design (37:42)
- Teaching Through Pairing (53:16)
- WTF: Wholesome Test Framework (57:36)
- Create a Spy Server (1:01:48)
- The Server Isn’t Closing (1:26:06)
- Look At the
- Factor Out the Server (1:49:41)
- Compilation Error (1:58:08)
- Prepare for Production (2:41:29)
- Debrief (2:47:50)
Visit the episode archive for more.