In this weekly livestream series, Ted M. Young and I build an AI-powered role-playing game using React, Spring Boot, and Nullables. And, of course, plenty of discussion about design, architecture, and effective programming practices.
In this episode...
It’s an eventful episode as we start off with a discussion of event sourcing, event-driven code, event storming, and more. Then we return to working on our
fetch() wrapper. We factor our test-based prototype into a real production class, clean up the tests, and add TypeScript types.
- Event Sourcing (0:22)
- Event-Driven Code (11:11)
- Event Storming (23:30)
- The Original Sin of Software Scaling (27:23)
- Refactoring Events (28:45)
- Naming Conventions (32:47)
- Java 21 (42:08)
- Inappropriate Abstractions (44:25)
- Let’s Do Some Coding (53:01)
- Design the
- Factor Out
- Add TypeScript Types (1:23:40)
- Node/TypeScript Incompatibility (1:39:52)
- Clean Up the Tests (1:58:36)
SpyServerwith Extreme Prejudice (2:05:06)
- Back to Cleaning Up Tests (2:11:08)
- Debrief (2:32:22)
Visit the episode archive for more.