In this weekly livestream series, Ted M. Young and I build an AI-powered role-playing game using React, Spring Boot, and Nullables. And, of course, plenty of discussion about design, architecture, and effective programming practices.
In this episode...
Our new stream! We explain the goals of the project—to create an AI-powered role-playing game—then get to work. Our first task is to create a Nullable wrapper for the OpenAI service. The work goes smoothly, and by the end of the episode, we have an
OpenAiClient that sends
POST requests to the service.
- About the Project (0:14)
- What We’re Building (2:03)
- Outside-In vs. Bottom-Up Design (14:17)
- Structure of the Code (41:08)
- Fake It Once You Make It (44:41)
POSTto OpenAI (47:47)
- Start the
- Back to the
- Sidebar: Configuration vs. Constants (1:23:04)
- End sidebar (1:24:59)
- Support HTTP headers (1:27:44)
- Sidebar: Why Wrappers and Nullables? (1:43:32)
- End sidebar (1:50:38)
- Sidebar: Documenting APIs (2:03:50)
- Sidebar: LLMs and Documentation (2:10:39)
- End sidebar (2:13:07)
- Tracking HTTP headers (2:17:02)
- Finish the
- Sidebar: New Hotness Syndrome (2:38:33)
- Sidebar: TypeScript (2:41:07)
- End sidebar (2:43:46)
- Conclusion (2:46:44)
Visit the episode archive for more.