In this weekly livestream series, Ted M. Young and I build an AI-powered role-playing game using React, Spring Boot, and Nullables. And, of course, plenty of discussion about design, architecture, and effective programming practices.
In this episode...
In a coding-heavy episode, we wrap up our
OpenAiClient wrapper. Along the way, a confusing test failure inspires us to make our code fail faster. Then, in the final half hour of the show, we implement a placeholder front-end web site and make plans to connect it to the back end.
- Intrinsic vs. Extrinsic Motivation (0:14)
- Coaching Teams (14:26)
- Parse the OpenAI Response (38:55)
- OpenAI Documentation (1:04:43)
- Self-Documenting OpenAI (1:10:27)
- Back to Parsing the OpenAI Response (1:13:48)
- A Confusing Test Failure (1:21:07)
- Fail Faster (1:26:47)
- Guard Clauses (1:54:38)
- Manually Test
- The DTO Testing Gap (2:14:35)
- Our Next Story (2:19:43)
- Front-End Walkthrough (2:25:47)
- Placeholder Front-End (2:28:01)
- Integrate (2:41:31)
- Debrief (2:45:29)
Visit the episode archive for more.